BikeSD’s programs are the heartbeat and the lifeline of our organization. These programs are centered around our mission which is: to establish San Diego as a world-class bicycling city by promoting everyday riding. We do this by advocating for and promoting world-class bicycling infrastructure that contributes toward an aesthetic, livable urban environment.
Our programs promote everyday riding, ensure that our concerns are heard and met by our elected representatives, and that San Diego’s city streets are redesigned to be safe for all road users. Our programs are focused toward getting more people riding bicycles which includes historically neglected communities.
- The Art of Riding Bicycle Rides
- Bicycle Clinics
- Bicycle Parking
- Implementing Vision Zero
- Passage of Anti-Harassment Ordinance
- Ensuring implementation of Uptown and Mid-City Bike Corridors
- Ensuring San Diego is recognized as a bronze level bike friendly city by the League of American Bicyclists
- Ensuring that a minimum of 5 businesses are recognized as bike-friendly by the League of American Bicyclists
- Monthly events to support and enhance Culture, Community and Livability.
BikeSD’s programming is supported by your dollars. Join as a member or make a tax-deductible donation to BikeSD today to help continue our innovative and award-winning advocacy work to get more people riding for everyday trips on world-class bike facilities. With your support, we can help make our vision a reality: transforming San Diego into the world’s best city for bicycling. Your membership dues fund our lobbying efforts, while your donations fund our programming work.